Curriculum of Wang Yi
Awards and Honors,
Awards and Honors
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Chalmers University of Technology, 1991
- Post doc, Aalborg University, Denmark, 1991-1992
- Lecturer/researcher, Uppsala University, 1992 - 1994
- Associate professor, Uppsala University, 1995 - 2000
- Professor, Computer Systems, Uppsala University, 2000 - 2009
- Chair professor, Embedded Systems, Uppsala University, 2009 -.
- Best Paper Award of ECRTS 2015 (coNP completeness of uniprocessor scheduling)
- ETAPS Invited speaker, 2015, London, UK (Scalable - yet precise - timing analysis)
- Fellow of the IEEE (for contributions to safety-critical real-time systems), 2015 -
- CAV Award 2013 (for the development of UPPAAL, a tool suite for verificaion of timed systems)
- Best Paper Award of DATE 2013 (FIFO cache analysis for WECT estimation)
- Outstanding Paper Award of ECRTS 2012 (EDF-scheduling for mixed-criticality systems)
- Best Paper Award of RTSS 2009 (Multiprocessor scheduling and response time analysis)
- Best Paper Award Nomination:
- RTSS 2010 (WCET analysis for multicores)
- RTAS 2010 (Layland&Liu's bound for multiprocessor scheduling)
- RTAS 2011 (Di-graph real-time models)
- Tool award of ETAPS 2002 (TIMES)
- UPPAAL, a Model-Checker for Real-Time Systems (PI, co-founder)
- TIMES, a Tool for Modeling and Implementation of Embedded Systems (PI, co-founder)
- Timed CCS, an algebraic theory of timed processes (Ph.D. work)
- Testing theory of probabilistic and non-deterministic processes (post-doc work)
- Recent work include (joint work with PhD students):
- Muliprocessor scheduling,
- WCET estimation: quantitative analysis of non-LRU caches
- Tractability of graph-based models in real-time scheduling
- Mixed-criticality systems
University Service (currently at Uppsala)
- Paul Pettersson,
Ph.D. 1999, currently, full professor at Malardalen University, Sweden
Alexander David, Ph.D. 2003, Licentiate 2001,
currently associate professor at Aalborg University, Denmark
Johan Bengtsson, Ph.D. 2002, Licentiate 2001, currently IAR Systems AB
- Anders Wall (with Christer Nordstrom), Ph.D. 2003, Licentiate 2000, currently ABB Corporate Research
Elena Fersman, Ph.D. 2003, currently Ericsson Research
Fredrik Larsson, Licentiate 2000, currently Phoneticom AB
- Tobias Amnell, Licentiate 2003, currently SAAB
- Pavel Krcal, Ph.D. 2009, Currently Relcon Scandpower AB.
- John Hakansson (with P. Pettersson), Ph.D. 2009, Currently IAR Systems AB.
- Rafal Somla, Ph.D. 2012, Currently Oracle.
- Guan Nan, Ph.D. 2013, Currently Northeastern Univ, China
- Martin Stigge, Ph.D. 2014, ARISTA, Vencouvor, Canada.
Editorship of Journals
- Member of the Board of
UPMARC - Uppsala Programming for Multicore Architectures Research Center, 2011- 2014
- Member of Research Education Committee, Faculty of Science and Technology, 2006 -- 2014
- Member of Nomination Committee ("valberedningen" for selecting the faculty leadership), Faculty of Science and Technology, 2007 -- 2011
- Director of Research Education (PhD studies), Department of Information Technology, 2006 --
- Professor of Ph.D. Programme in Embedded Systems, 2009 --
- Founder and Director of Master Programme in Embedded Systems, 2010 -- 2012
Member of Steering Committees
IEEE Transactions on Computers
Member of editorial board,
ELSEVIER Journal of Systems Architecture, 2009 --
Member of Editorial Board,
Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (JCSE, KIISE)
Member of editorial board,
Computer Science and Technology (Chinese Academy of Sciences),
- Guest editor, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, 2007.
- Guest editor, Nordic Journal of Computing, 2005.
- Guest editor, Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), 2003.
- Guest editor, Nordic Journal of Computing, 2001.
Chair of Program Committees
: Embedded Systems Week, 2013 --
: ACM/IEEE Conference on Embedded Software (co chair since 2013) 2006 --
ACM conference on Languages, Compilers, and Tools for Embedded Systems, 2012 --
International Conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems
DATE 2012, 2013, 2014 (E3)
E3: Model-Based Design and Verification for Embedded Systems.
The 15th DATE Conference and Exhibition, March 12-16, 2012, Dresden, Germany.
The 15th ACM Conference on Languages, Compilers, Tools & Theory for Embedded Systems,
12-13 June, 2012, Beijing.
the 13th ACM International Conference on Hybrid Systems:
Computation and Control,
April 12-16, 2010.
track chair: Design & Verification,
the 29th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, Barcelona, 2008.
, the 6th Int. Conference on Embedded Software, Soeul, South Korea. Oct. 2006.
, the 3rd Int. Conference on Formal Modelling and Analysis of Timed Systems,
Uppsala, Sept 26-28, 2005.
TACAS 2001, the 7th Int. Conference on Tools and Algorithms
for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, Genova, Italy, 2 - 6 Apr. 2001
16th Nordic Workshop on Programming Theory, Uppsala, Oct. 2004.
NWPT 1999, the 11th Nordic Workshop on Programming Theory, Uppsala, Oct. 1999.