Subject: perfctr-2.6.1 released
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Version 2.6.1 of perfctr, the Linux/x86 performance
monitoring counters driver, is now available at the usual
place: http://www.csd.uu.se/~mikpe/linux/perfctr/

Version 2.6.1, 2003-10-05
- Opening a process' virtual perfctrs is now done via
  /dev/perfctr instead of /proc/<pid>/perfctr. This is needed
  due to the changed semantics for /proc/self and /proc/<pid>/
  in kernel 2.6.0-test6. User-space is not affected since the
  perfctr-2.6 API and user-space library was prepared for
  this access method change.
  User-space code monitoring other processes should use
  gettid() to identify tasks in 2.6 kernels, since getpid()
  does the wrong thing for process threads.
- Driver cleanups from obsoleting 2.4.15 and older kernels.
- Made examples/global/global.c more robust.
- Simplified usage with 2.6 kernels: it's no longer necessary
  to add an 'alias' declaration in /etc/modprobe.conf.
- Added support for AMD K8 Revision C processors.

/ Mikael Pettersson