Supervision - Ph.D. students
I am supervisor or assistant supervisor for:
- Love Nordling, Uppsala Univ. (Co-supervisor)
- Swarnadip Chatterjee, Uppsala Univ. (Main supervisor)
- Nadezhda Koriakina, Uppsala Univ. (Main supervisor)
- Marc Fraile Fabrega, Uppsala Univ. (Co-supervisor)
- Elisabeth Wetzer (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Prof. Nataša Sladoje)
Representation Learning and Information Fusion: Applications in Biomedical Image Processing, UU, Uppsala, June 12, 2023.
- Johan Öfverstedt (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Prof. Nataša Sladoje)
Methods for Reliable Image Registration: Algorithms, Distance Measures, and Representations, UU, Uppsala, February 25, 2022.
- Buda Bajić (Main supervisor together with Prof. Nataša Sladoje)
Methods for image restoration and segmentation by sparsity promoting energy minimization, UNS, Novi Sad, September 16, 2019.
- Slobodan Dražić (Main supervisor, also partly supervised by Dr Tibor Lukić)
Shape Based Methods for Quantification of Comparison of Object Properties from Their Digital Image Representations, pdf, UNS, Novi Sad, February 20, 2019.
- Vladimir Ćurić (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Prof. Gunilla Borgefors)
Distance Functions and Their Use in Adaptive Mathematical Morphology, UU, Uppsala, May 23, 2014.
- Tibor Lukić (Main supervisor together with Prof. Nataša Sladoje)
Regularized Problems in Image Processing, pdf, UNS, Novi Sad, December 20, 2011.
- Hamid Sarve (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Prof. Gunilla Borgefors)
Evaluation of Osseointegration using Image Analysis and Visualization of 2D and 3D Image Data, SLU, Uppsala, September 23, 2011.
- Patrick Karlsson Edlund (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Prof. Ewert Bengtsson)
Methods and models for 2D and 3D image analysis in microscopy, in particular for the study of muscle cells, UU, Uppsala, September 19, 2008.
- Filip Malmberg (Co-supervisor, main supervisor Prof. Gunilla Borgefors)
Segmentation and analysis of volume images, with applications, SLU, Uppsala, 2008.
I am also/have been partly supervising:
- Karl Bengtsson Bernander, Uppsala Univ. (Co-supervisor)
- Gabriele Partel
Image and Data Analysis for Spatially Resolved Transcriptomics, UU, Uppsala, October 29, 2020.
- Amit Suveer
Methods for Processing and Analysis of Biomedical TEM Images, UU, Uppsala, June 5, 2019.
- Kristin Norell
Automatic analysis of log end face images in the sawmill industry, UU, Uppsala, June 4, 2010.
Supervision - Master's thesis projects (past and current)
- Duruo Li - Domain Randomization for Sim2Real: Generating synthetic images from industry CAD models with random textures and backgrounds, UU, in progress (Reviewer)
- Laurens Hees - Multimodal contrastive representation learning for image registration - 3D CoMIR, UU, in progress (Reviewer)
- Erik Granberg - Heatmaps showing What, not just Where: Towards more useful explanations of deep learning-based image classification, UU, in progress (Supervisor)
- Sanna Severinsson - Data driven augmentation for deep learning applications, UU, 2023 (Reviewer)
- Madelene Alanenpää - Ultrasound neural style transfer with domain specific features, UU, 2023 (Reviewer)
- Roman Denkin - Prediction of the gain in classification performance from combining multiple imaging modalities, UU, 2023 (Reviewer)
- Marcello Vendruscolo - Certainty Estimation of Neural Networks for Out-of-Distribution Data in Oral Cancer Screening, UU, 2022 (Supervisor)
- Love Nordling - Contrastive Multimodal Image Representations for Deformable Image Registration, UU, Uppsala, 2022 (Reviewer)
- Davis Nicmanis - Deep Learning Based Focus Interpolation for Whole-Slide Images, UU, Uppsala, 2022 (Supervisor)
- Praveen Swamy - Calving monitoring with vision camera system using deep learning algorithms, UU, Uppsala, 2021 (Reviewer)
- Christopher Rydell - Deep Learning for Whole Slide Image Cytology: A Human-in-the-Loop Approach, UU, Uppsala, 2021 (Supervisor)
- Jiahao Lu - Evaluation of Learning based Methods for Multimodal Biomedical Image Registration, UU, Uppsala, 2020 (Supervisor)
- Tobias Hammarström - Towards Explainable Decision-making Strategies of Deep Convolutional Neural Networks, UU, Uppsala, 2020 (Supervisor)
- Tristan Wright - Implementation and Evaluation of a Variety of Image Stitching Methods, UU, Uppsala, 2020 (Supervisor)
- Jo Gay - Structural representation models for multi-modal image registration in biomedical applications, UU, Uppsala, 2019 (Supervisor)
- Sebastián Bas - Automatic landmark identification in digital images of Drosophila wings for improved morphometric analysis, UU, Uppsala, 2017 (Supervisor)
- Johan Öfverstedt - Similarity of Hybrid Object Representations With Applications in Object Recognition and Classification, UU, Uppsala, 2016 (Reviewer)
- Slobodan Dražić - Computerized analysis of handwritten historical documents, UNS, Novi Sad, 2012 (Supervisor)
- Tibor Lukić - O nekim varijacionim problemima u segmentaciji digitalnih slika, UNS, Novi Sad, 2008 (Supervisor)
- David Forslund - Realtime scene analysis in infrared images from vehicle mounted camera, Uppsala, 2008, CBA Master Thesis #106 (Reviewer)
- Johannes Löwén - Automatic Liquid Chromatography Rack Recognition, Uppsala, 2008 (Reviewer)
- Carl Krusell - Simulering av MR bildartefakter orsakade av inhomogenitet i det statiska magnetfältet B0, Uppsala, 2007 (Reviewer)
- Max Koszela - Measurement of local filler content in paper, Uppsala, 2007 (Reviewer)
- Petter Holmberg - Contour Extraction and Modelling of Horses using Background Subtraction and Active Shape Models, Uppsala, 2006 (Supervisor)
- Patrick Karlsson - Automatic License Plate Detection, Uppsala, 2001 (Supervisor)
Supervision - Bachelor's thesis projects (past and current)
- David Hesselbom - Artificial Video Bokeh Using Stereoscopic Cameras, UU, Uppsala, 2020 (Reviewer)