Grundläggande programmering, VT03
- Office hours
||Changed today's visiting hours to 17.00-17.30 due to change of schedule.
||Therese's office hours are now listed here.
||I will be away May 10-19. During this time, Therese Berg (also in 1110) will help you with programming. I will also help via e-mail. More about Therese's office hours later.
||Tips about changing classpath updated.
||Note the changes in schedule; new lab halls!
||A soft deadline for lab 1 is March 27. Then we have a lab session intended for lab 2; so you should be done with lab 1!
||During week 12 and 13, i.e. March 17-28, I will be in room 1346, due to kylbaffelinstallationer etc. Visit me there!
- Lab 1 should be presented orally to me. You can do it on lab sessions or by visiting me on office hours.
- Unless the lab instructions say something different submit your lab reports in paper to my postbox; #42 on the 4th floor in building 1.
- My office number is 1110 (building 1).
- I put the corrected labs in the paper box on the 2nd floor building 1, near the room 1245.
- I you have got "R" (rest) on your report, you should correct it and hand in to my postbox.
- March 24: 15.00-15.30 (room 1346)
- March 26: 13.00-13.30 (room 1346)
- March 28: 13.00-13.30 (room 1346)
- April 2: 13.00-13.30
- April 4: 15.00-15.30
- April 7: 9.00-9.30 (room 1110 from now on!)
- April 8-9: 15.30-16.00
- April 10-11: 9.00-9.30
- April 14-16: 15.30-16.00
- April 23-24: 9.00-9.30
- April 25: 13.00-13.30
- April 29: 9.00-10.00, 15.00-16.00
- May 5: 13.00-13.30
- May 7: 9.00-9.30
- May 9: 13.00-13.30
- May 12: 13.00-13.30 (Therese)
- May 14: 9.15-10.15 (Therese)
- May 15: 11.00-11.45 (Therese)
- May 16: 13.00-13.30 (Therese)
- May 20: 17.00-17.30
- May 21-22: 13.00-13.30
- May 26-28: 13.00-13.30
- June 2-4: 9.00-9.30
- If Java cannot find the package extra.jar you should:
Windows users, write
- download extra.jar from the course book web page (you can find a link on the course web page) and put it in the same directory as your java files.
- to compile use command
javac -classpath extra.jar:. yourfile.java
- to run use command
java -classpath extra.jar:. yourfile
extra.jar;. instead, i.e. separate with a semi-colon instead of a colon.
You can also permanently set the classpath. Then you can compile and run as usual (i.e. without
-classpath extra.jar). Unix users do as follows:
Terminal windows will use the new classpath, except for windows who were open before the change (close those).
- download extra.jar to some directory, e.g. ~/kurser/java.
- add the following to ~/.bashrc:
Last modified: Mon Jun 23 10:59:47 MEST 2003