Welcome to the home page for html2ps - an HTML to PostScript converter
written in Perl.
I don't develop html2ps anymore, but will try to fix bugs if they are reported.
The latest version, html2ps 1.0 beta7, is available as a
compressed (gzip) tarfile, and
as a ZIP file. You can also take a
look at the html2ps users guide that
comes with the distribution.
You must have Perl 5 installed to be able to use html2ps.
Some features of html2ps
- Many possibilities to control the appearance, mostly done using configuration files.
- Support for processing multiple documents, also automatically by
recursively following links.
- A table of contents can be generated, either from the links in a
document, or automatically from document headings.
- Configurable page headers/footers, that for example can contain
document title, URL, page number, current heading, and date.
- When converting the PostScript document to PDF - using some other
program such as version 5.0 or later of Aladdin Ghostscript, or
Adobe Acrobat Distiller - the original hyperlinks in the HTML
documents will be retained in the PDF document.
- Automatic hyphenation and text justification can be selected.
It should be mentioned that the implementation of the new features
have made the Perl script quite large, and significantly slower than
versions prior to 1.0.
Check also out my Android apps.
Dept. of Information Technology
Last updated: 16 Mar 2013