Re: Cell shading in tables

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Karrman" <jan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Craig O'Shannessy" <craig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <html2ps-users@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: Cell shading in tables

| On Tue, 16 May 2000, Craig O'Shannessy wrote:
|
| > The biggest single thing I miss in html2ps is table cell shading
| > abilities, that would be very helpful for me, and I would be willing
| > pay for the development (within reason).  If Jan or anyone else
thinks
| > they can pull this off in the next few weeks (I have a hard deadline
of
| > mid June), I would love to hear from them.
| >

| You can shade table cells using the bgcolor attribute:
|
|   <TABLE border>
|   <TR>
|   <TD bgcolor="#AAAAAA">
|   shaded
|   </TABLE>
|
| and by calling html2ps with the command line option -U.

Hmm, this doesn't seem to work using style sheets. The following style
rule works:

body { background: #colour; color: #colour; }

but not

h1 { background: #colour; color: #colour; }

That is, the the 'color' declaration works, but not the 'background'
declaration. Is this a bug or a feature? ;)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer

Support the Open Voting Consortium