Re: Cell shading in tables

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Craig O'Shannessy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I would like to say thankyou very much Jan for a wonderful
> utility, I couldn't find anything else that did this under Linux
> (commercial or otherwise).  I have started changing most of my report
> programs for most clients to print html and use html2ps to print them
> (this allows easy web deployment).

I'm glad you find it useful!

> The biggest single thing I miss in html2ps is table cell shading
> abilities, that would be very helpful for me, and I would be willing to
> pay for the development (within reason).  If Jan or anyone else thinks
> they can pull this off in the next few weeks (I have a hard deadline of
> mid June), I would love to hear from them.

You can shade table cells using the bgcolor attribute:

  <TABLE border>
  <TR>
  <TD bgcolor="#AAAAAA">
  shaded
  </TABLE>

and by calling html2ps with the command line option -U.

> I am very impressed with how well html2ps handles tables, they are a
> very complex part of the html spec.

Indeed they are, and this is one reason why html2ps fails badly for
certain types of tables, typically when they are used for layout
purposes only.

/Jan

Support the Open Voting Consortium